Monday, June 05, 2006

My Visit to the ICFF

Hey Guys, my name is Toni-Lee McDonald and I am an Intern at Hester Street Collaborative. A couple of days ago I attended the ICFF exhibit with Alex and Yanely at the Javits Center. I really enjoyed myself and it was a great experience. On display were new furniture ideas and everyday common household tools. One exhibit that I enjoyed but wasn't really impressed with their furniture designs was by Swarovski. What made the exhibit attractive to the viewers were the crystals that were placed everywhere, on the furniture and in the floor. It seemed like I entered a fantasy world. One of my favorite exhibits were wall compositions done by Jennifer Prichard. She takes interesting items, such as half a sphere or styrofoam attached to the tip of pins and attach them to walls to create a dazzling design. www.jpricharddesign.com
I was so impressed and intrigued by her work that I would like to draw up some designs of my own to create a composition on my bedroom wall. I will never forget this experience. There were many, many other designers, but only some of their exhibits and ideas were up to par, or at least what I think I would enjoy having in my home. Neverthless, I definately recommend, even if you're not really into design, a visit to the displays next year, it is really worth the while. You will definately enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»